Don't overpack. Everything is available in Germany. But you should be prepared for the inevitable culture shock. Here are a few tips to ease the adjustment to your new home. Before you move to Germany, there are certain things you should do in order to make your early weeks, if not indeed your entire stay, a much more pleasant experience. Remember the golden rule of living in Germany: everything is available here - at a price.
- The Paper Chase (Visas, Work & Residence Permits, Taxes, etc.)
- More Paperwork (Church Taxes, Consular Notification, Getting Married, Having a Baby)
- Drivers' Licenses
- What to Expect From Your Relocation Agency
- Transition & Destination Services
- Relocating Children
- How to Choose a Relocation Agency